It can be a scary world these days, for all of us, but especially for parents and children. There are times when we all can use some extra support to feel safe and calm when hearing of school shootings or experiencing personal trauma. Fortunately, homeopathic remedies have helped people with anxiety and fright for over two hundred years.
Here are the top five homeopathic remedies for fear:
- Aconite: In our program, we say: “when in fright, take Aconite” Aconite is helpful for the initial shock after a sudden frightening event such as a car accident or witnessing violence. The frightened person may be afraid of dying and even predict the time. They may be restless, impatient, or easily startled. It is a great remedy for panic attacks. Physcially, this remedy can help with croup, ear infections, and sudden high fevers.
- Stramonium: a great remedy for nightmares and night terrors after having a frightening experience. The child may become clingy and develop a fear of the dark, and may also become aggressive and act out.
- Arsenicum: an important remedy for anxiety and restlessness when it feels like the situation has gotten out of control. A child who needs Arsenicum OCD about keeping their toys in order and may feel especially anxious at night. Physical conditions that call for Arsenicum include food poisoning and stomach flu, asthma, and Covid.We study this remedy in detail in the Basic Course.
- Gelsemium: Although this remedy made from Yellow Jasmine is most famous for being a flu remedy, it is also an important remedy after experiencing a fright if a person feels shaky, weak, and spaced out. They may feel paralyzed with fear and develop diarrhea.
- Ignatia: This remedy is the first one we think of for sudden grief and sudden emotional loss, such as with the death of a loved one, but also helps with fright. It is especially indicated when there is sighing, emotional instabilty, sensitivity, and a sense of a lump in the throat.
Here is a video about holistic therapies for fear and trauma.
In this video you will learn more about how homeopathy can help with fear and trauma, along with important nutritional tips and herbal remedies for stressful times.